Kathy and Dan: Decatur, IL Wedding

Dan is my mother’s sister’s oldest son (cousin, if you didn’t follow) and I was so ecstatic that he and Kathy asked me to photograph their wedding!   They are such a genuinely sweet couple, I just knew the day was going to be fabulous, and man oh man, they didn’t disappoint.

Dan and Kathy were married in the oh-so-quaint town of Decatur, IL, where Kathy grew up and her family still calls home.  (I really could go on and on about Decatur;  I was seriously smitten.  Firstly, because Southern IL is ahead of MN/WI by about 3 weeks when it comes to weather and floral blooming patterns, so it was like vacationing in an exotic locale while we were there this Spring.  Secondly, its got such a picturesque downtown district, I could have spent all day taking photos, and thirdly, it’s surrounded by gor-geous turn of the century farmsteads.  I’m a sucker for farms and old houses – so much history and character in old buildings – LOVE!)

Kathy and Dan were married at St. Patrick’s Church, a beautiful cathedral style building with columns and stained glass and a domed ceiling, but prior to the ceremony, my assistant and I met at Kathy’s parent’s home for a few shots of the bride:

kathy and dan-married-decatur IL-amber engfer photography (43)

kathy and dan-married-decatur IL-amber engfer photography (44)

kathy and dan-married-decatur IL-amber engfer photography (1)kathy and dan-married-decatur IL-amber engfer photography (2)

Kathy and Dan- married- decatur wedding- amber engfer photography

kathy and dan-married-decatur IL-amber engfer photography (48)kathy and dan-married-decatur IL-amber engfer photography (45)

Dan and Kathy-Decatur Wedding-Amber Engfer Photographykathy and dan-married-decatur IL-amber engfer photography (20)

kathy and dan-married-decatur IL-amber engfer photography (15)kathy and dan-married-decatur IL-amber engfer photography (7)

Dan and Kathy-Decatur Wedding-Amber Engfer Photography

kathy and dan-married-decatur IL-amber engfer photography (4)

Dan and Kathy-Decatur Wedding-Amber Engfer Photographykathy and dan-married-decatur IL-amber engfer photography (32)

kathy and dan-married-decatur IL-amber engfer photography (35)

kathy and dan-married-decatur IL-amber engfer photography (1)kathy and dan-married-decatur IL-amber engfer photography (37)

The reception was held at The Beach House with views of Lake Decatur.  Dan’s family has had a cabin in Northern WI for years, so his only request of the day was to capture a few photos of them on a dock – fabulous idea I might add!

kathy and dan-married-decatur IL-amber engfer photography (6)kathy and dan-married-decatur IL-amber engfer photography (12)kathy and dan-married-decatur IL-amber engfer photography (38)kathy and dan-married-decatur IL-amber engfer photography (16)kathy and dan-married-decatur IL-amber engfer photography (24)kathy and dan-married-decatur IL-amber engfer photography (33)kathy and dan-married-decatur IL-amber engfer photography (28)kathy and dan-married-decatur IL-amber engfer photography (23)

I couldn’t help but add this last one… these lovely ladies are the Aunts!  Dan’s mother is on the right, and her four sisters, including my mom, center, make up the others.  No clue what they were singing, but it must have been a good one!!!  I LOVE this photo, they might not see the awesome-ness of it, but it’s such a great moment, I had to share!

kathy and dan-married-decatur IL-amber engfer photography (39)

**Keeping up the tradition, if 25 people comment directly to this post – the lovely Bride and Groom will receive an extra special gift from me!  ***

Congratulations Dan and Kathy!!!!

Related posts:

Sneak Peak: Dave and Jessica
Jessica and David: Married
Bryn and Joel: Sneak Peek
Jess and Dave: happy 1 year anniversary!
Emily and Christian: Married | Stillwater, MN
Kelli and Nick: Married | Cannon Falls, MN
Comments
27 Responses to “Kathy and Dan: Decatur, IL Wedding”
  1. Chelsea says:

I couldn’t help but notice that there are 24 comments on this post. If 25 will make it a gift for the couple, then I will gladly be #25.

2. Kelly says:

Loved these pictures, you have great photography skills. I cannot wait till my own wedding for all the fabulous pictures!!!

3. Melanie Brown says:

Great photos! Thanks for sharing! Kathy you made a beautiful bride! The church was awesome – I had never been in it before! It was a great wedding & we were so happy to be a part of it!

4. Liz says:

Love the photos!! Can’t wait to see the rest!

5. Trena Rezinas says:

Great Pictures, Great Wedding, Great Couple

6. Jen says:

Beautiful Pictures!! Loving Kathy’s dress!!!

7. helen lord says:

amazing photos what a beautiful bride and handsome groom.

8. Lori Tharp says:

These pictures of Kathy and Dan are beautiful. Each is so different than the other but so unique. Unbelievable…..BEAUTIFUL. What a perfect picture. If I had to say one was my favorite it would be impossible. I do so love the picture (B&W) of the veil blowing across while the two are kissing. So honest and innocent….

Thank you for making their day something they can look back on are treasure!

9. Jerry says:

Excellent pictures. Perfect memories. With Dan and Kathy’s special day how could it not be so!

10. Martha Dagen says:

Beautiful photos! Great photos of the church and the dress. One of my favorites is Dan and Kathy in the stairwell.

11. Kerri says:

Love the pics, esp the dress at the window! It was a wonderful wedding for a wonderful couple!!

12. Peg Leutele says:

What was that song??? Not Christmas carols I am sure…..that’s the last time we sang together.
    Thanks Amber for your beautiful expression through pictures of such a lovely couple and special day.

13. Tyler says:

Look how handsome these ushers are! and of course the my beautiful sister-in-law, the bride.

14. Emily says:

Love these! they are beautiful!

15. Marilyn Corley says:

These are the most beautiful wedding pictures I’ve ever seen. I love the unique shots like the wedding dress at the window & the shoes, and Kathy & Dan’s hands with their fingers entwined showing their wedding rings. And I loved the pictures of the Aunts, and everyone dancing!

16. Rachel says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE all of the pictures!!!! They are so beautiful! It helps that the couple is adorable too :)

17. Lisa says:

Amber, these are stunning!! You captured the day perfectly. Love, love, love the shots taken on the spiral stairs – so artistic. Beautiful bride, beautiful church and beautiful pictures. Awesome!

18. Lori says:

Wonderful photos! I love the photo of Kathy’s dress hanging in front of the window. Stairway shot is also a favorite. Great job. Beautiful pictures of a beautiful bride and groom!

19. Barb says:

Stunning photos and beautiful couple. What an artistic eye for the unusual! Can’t wait to see the rest of them!

20. Julie says:

Love the photos and Kathy and Dan too. They look very happy. Can’t wait to see more.

21. Janet Allen says:

Beautiful photos! Beautiful Bride! What a lovely couple!!

22. Carla says:

What a beautiful couple! Those photos in the church are stunning- it looks so grand! Beautiful Amber!

23. Christy says:

The pictures are amazing!!! Everything was perfect!!! Why didn’t wedding photos look like that 22 years ago when I got married???? Amber, you certainly have a gift!!! I thought so after seeing the Sjobeck senior pictures recently, but now, I am convinced!!!! Simply beautiful!!!

24. Dee Lee says:

Amber, you have an amazing eye! These are the most artfully done photos for a wedding I’ve ever seen! Just gorgeous and interesting choices for staging shots… Really captured the fun, too! (SISTER FUN!)

25. Kayd says:

1 – I giggled when I read I was your assistant
    2 – wonderful photos
    3 – I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the one of all the sisters
    4 – man, what a fun wedding!

Trackbacks
Check out what others are saying...
  1. [...] amberengferphotography.com via Lisa / on [...]