Arranging a wedding is no easy feat, indeed it can be a very stressful experience, and according to the event planner, the secret to a successful wedding lies firmly in the planning. There are so many things to arrange that it can seem like a daunting task, and with that in mind, here is a checklist to help ensure that nothing gets overlooked.
- The Venue – Of course, the wedding reception venue is critical, and as the organiser, it is your job to determine exactly what the venue will provide and what they won’t. If they are handling the drinks and catering, this is a big load off your mind, but do make sure that you and the venue manager are on the same page.
- Wedding Videographer – It is essential that you have the videographer booked a few weeks prior to the big day, and with an affordable Central Coast wedding photographer booked, you can cross this one off the list of things yet to do.
- Best Man & Bridesmaids – Both best man and the leading bridesmaid should be responsible enough to ensure everything is ready on the big day, but have a chat with both to make sure all is well.
- The Invitations – The reception invitations need to go out at least one month before the event, as people have very busy social calendars and therefore require plenty of notice. Remember to include any important information, such as directions to the reception venue, plus any dress code that is in place.
- The Flowers – Presumably, you have hired a local florist to handle the flowers, and if that’s the case, a quick call to remind them a few days before will suffice.
- The Entertainment – A crucial component of any wedding party, make sure your entertainment is well prepared, and copy any playlists to a separate memory stick, just in case. If you are hiring a band, call them a few days prior to the wedding to confirm the booking, same goes with a DJ.
- Car Parking – This only applies if you haven’t got parking covered by the venue, and you can get a fair idea of the numbers of vehicles to expect by looking at the guest list. Car parking is often overlooked, so make sure you have it covered, and let’s not forget directions for the venue, which should be included in the invitation.
- Outside Caterers – If you are hiring an outside caterer, do confirm with them what you have agreed, which should ensure that the food is covered. If you are running a bar, make sure it is well-stocked with a wide range of wines, spirits, beers, and, of course, non-alcoholic beverages. You will need a never-ending supply of ice!
- Restroom Facilities – Again, this is only relevant if you have not hired a venue with restrooms, but either way, there needs to be adequate for the number of guests.
Ask any professional event planner and they will gladly confirm that having checklists is the best way to ensure that everything is organised, and with all contact numbers of vendors and suppliers at hand, contacting is easy.
What is your reaction?